n

n

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Summer Sewing

This summer I have been busy sewing. I don't think I have done this much sewing in this short of time since taking my sewing classes in college.
It has been really fun and rewarding.
The things I have made I am actually going to use!
That's right not everything I make turns out the way I hope it will.

My first sewing project was making onesies for my nephew, Noah. All over Etsy they have cute onesies so I copied the idea from ones I saw there. I made my own patterns and starting sewing.


They turned out a lot cuter than I imagined and Noah looks cute in the sailboat onesie too!

My second project was finishing a quilt I started two summers ago. I started it when me and Nate were dating and it was supposed to be for his 28th birthday. Since it didn't get done I decided it would be for his 29th birthday. That didn't happen either.
For Nate's 30th birthday he finally received his quilt.

I cannot tell you how joyous it felt when this puppy was done. It was not an easy quilt and luckily my mother helped me. One square probably took 30 minutes to make. I loved how it turned out but if I knew it was going to take me this long I would not have done it.

My 3rd and 4th projects were a purse and a bag. I bought this great Amy Butler book that has 26 patterns to make bags, purses and clutches.
Here is the purse.



This bag I am going to use for church.


I think they both turned out great!

I think my next sewing project is to make a tablecloth and napkins. I am going to use a twin set of Amy Butler sheets that I bought on clearance at TJMaxx.
I will let you know how it goes.

2 comments:

  1. Ashley those purses are so cute! I want to buy one from you! I cannot wait to be your sister in law too. So fun that you guys are such a great family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did I miss this post?? I must've been preoccupied with Noah! The purses are amazing, and we LOVE the onesies! I have a much cuter pic of Noah in the sailboat onesie (I call it his ark onesie)--I will email it to you. xo

    ReplyDelete